What is outdoor clothing？
What is Outdoor Clothing?
The outdoor environment is complex and changeable. Outdoor clothing can resist the hazards of harsh environments to the human body, protect the body from loss of heat, and quickly discharge sweat produced during exercise. It is the clothing worn during outdoor sports such as mountaineering and rock climbing.
Classification of Outdoor Clothing
The main purpose of outdoor underwear is to keep human skin dry. If the sweat from the human body causes the surface to evaporate, it will take away the huge heat of the body and make people feel cold. Therefore, underwear should be made of synthetic fiber material, avoid wearing pure cotton and wool underwear.
The function of warm clothing is to form an air layer in the clothing. Air is a good heat insulation medium. After an air layer is formed in the warm clothing, the cold outside air is separated from the body to achieve the purpose of maintaining body temperature.
Outerwear for mountaineering and outdoor sports generally refers to clothing such as jackets and raincoats. Its main functions are waterproof, windproof, and tear-proof. With the development of science and technology, waterproof and breathable fabrics such as GORE-TEX and FIRST-TEX have been developed for jackets and pants. The principle is that in the film state, the diameter of the small pores on the surface is just between the water molecules and the steam molecules, the steam molecules can pass, and the water molecules are blocked, so as to achieve the effect of waterproof and breathable.
Features of Outdoor Clothing
● Warmth Retention
Although the warmth retention is closely related to the thickness of the fabric, outdoor sports do not allow clothing to be too heavy, so it must be warm and light to meet the special requirements of outdoor sports clothing. The most common method is to add special ceramic powder containing chromium oxide, magnesium oxide, zirconium oxide, etc. to the synthetic fiber spinning solution such as polyester, especially nano-level fine ceramic powder, which can absorb visible light such as sunlight and convert it into Thermal energy can also reflect the far infrared rays emitted by the human body, so it has excellent heat preservation and heat storage performance.
● Moisture Permeability
Water-proof and moisture-permeable clothing uses the surface tension characteristics of water to coat the fabric with a layer of PTFE (the same chemical composition as the "King of Corrosion Resistant Fiber" PTFE, but the physical structure is different) to enhance the surface tension of the fabric. The chemical coating makes the water droplets as tight as possible without spreading and infiltrating the surface of the fabric, so that they cannot penetrate the pores in the fabric. At the same time, the coating is porous, and the water vapor in the monomolecular state can be smoothly transmitted to the surface of the fabric through the capillary channels between the fibers.
● Water Resistance
The primary function provided by outdoor clothing is waterproofing. The waterproof finishing of most traditional fabrics is a coating or film. Later, a waterproofing treatment using fluorine-containing compounds or silicone as finishing agents appeared. The effect of waterproofing can be expressed in terms of water resistance and surface moisture resistance.
A good outdoor clothing must not only be rainproof but also breathable. Its air permeability is determined by the microporous structure of the film, allowing gaseous water molecules to escape and preventing liquid water molecules from entering. Breathability is the ability of air to pass through the fabric. It is expressed as the rate of airflow passing through the sample vertically under the specified test area, pressure drop and time conditions.
Moisture absorption and quick-drying is to quickly absorb the sweat produced by the body, drain it to the outer layer as much as possible, and volatilize as soon as possible, so that the body can keep as dry as possible.
Outdoor clothing is basically made of chemical fiber fabrics. When the outdoor environment is relatively dry, static electricity problems will occur. The clothes are prone to fuzzing and pilling, easily contaminated with dust and dirt, and electrostatic adsorption close to the skin. If you carry precision electronic instruments such as electronic compass, altitude meter, gps navigator, etc., it may be disturbed by static electricity of clothing and cause errors, which may cause serious consequences.
● UV Resistance
The evaluation parameter of textile anti-ultraviolet radiation adopts the ultraviolet protection coefficient upf value, which represents the ratio of the average effect of ultraviolet radiation calculated when the skin is not protected to the average effect of ultraviolet radiation calculated when the skin is protected by fabric.
How to Choose
The outdoor environment is changing rapidly, and the current breeze is slowly changing. The sun was shining, and the fog approached in less than 10 minutes, followed by squally showers; the heavy rain fell down the mountain, and the sun was shining when walking into the high mountains. This highlights the importance of sportswear and equipment selection to ensure the health and comfort of outdoor activities.
Therefore, the clothing preparation should be adjusted according to the concept of three-layer dressing:
Inner layer: comfort layer
Middle layer: warm layer (or insulating layer)
Outer layer: protective layer
1. Convective heat dissipation: When the cold wind penetrates the inner layer of the clothes, the heat is dissipated when the warm air on the skin surface is taken away; therefore, the outer layer of clothes must be windproof.
2. Conductive heat dissipation: heat dissipation caused by direct contact with cold objects, especially when the inner layer of clothing is wet; therefore, the outer layer of clothing must be able to prevent rainwater from penetrating in, and have high air permeability to prevent moisture from accumulating Inside the clothes, the inner layer of clothes can actively transmit the moisture caused by perspiration to the outer layer for discharge.
How to Clean
Machine Wash Method
1. Choose a washing machine with professional outdoor skin clothes washing and drying procedures, which can protect the waterproof and breathable coating of the skin clothes according to the material of the outdoor clothes.
2. Washing: The washing machine must be able to adjust the appropriate washing rhythm and intensity to avoid damage to the waterproof coating by washing friction while washing.
3. Rinsing: The washing machine must have foam self-checking technology, which can completely remove detergent residues and prevent chemical agents from damaging the waterproof coating.
4. Dehydration: The washing machine must be able to slowly release the water in the clothes, and at the same time avoid damaging the coating of the clothes.
5. Drying: The washing machine can be condensed and dried at a low temperature of not higher than 55 degrees, and at the same time avoid high temperature damage to the waterproof layer.
Hand wash method
1. Use neutral detergent, melt with warm water no more than 30 degrees, soak the clothes for no more than 5 minutes.
2. Use a soft brush to scrub the dirty parts of the clothes.
3. Rinse with plenty of water, and be sure to wash off the detergent ingredients.
4. Do not wring out the clothes, dry them directly in the natural environment, but avoid sun exposure.
5. Do not iron at high temperature, this is the same as mountaineering bags.
6. Every washing will cause certain damage to the clothes, avoid frequent washing.
7. Under the guidance of professional personnel, use professional water repellent agent to repair and maintain the waterproofness of clothing on a regular basis.