One Outdoor Project ---- The Epic Mind Over Mountain Adventure Race is Coming!
Outdoor sports refer to sports with exploration or experience exploration held in the natural environment, including mountaineering, rock climbing, kayaking, etc. At the same time, the excitement, challenge and inclusiveness of outdoor sports have deeply attracted a large number of outdoor lovers.
Everyone starts from different understanding and pursues their own interests in the broad platform of outdoor sports. In the process of outdoor sports, people enjoy the gifts brought by nature, learn to explore and enjoy the fun and wonderful of life in nature. Outdoor sports make human beings and nature truly live in harmony. Because of this "magic", more and more people began to participate in outdoor sports, more and more organizations began to call for outdoor sports, and some outdoor sports competitions also appeared.
Today, we want to introduce one of Canada's most exciting and popular outdoor races - Mind over Mountain Adventure Race.
Mind over mountain adventure race is an outdoor rally held in Cumberland, a historic mining town on Vancouver Island. It is usually held on the weekend of local September every year. This event has been held for 21 years. Although under the influence of the epidemic, Momar had to be cancelled in 2020. However, with the support and expectation of many outdoor enthusiasts, the competition, one of Canada's most popular adventure competitions, resumed operation on September 25, 2021 and completed its 41st session.
This competition requires participants to combine endurance and navigation skills, 30 km sports course (5 km rowing + 15 km mountain biking + 10 km hiking) and 50 km endurance race on the world-class monorail road in Cumberland (10km rowing + 25km mountain bike + 15km hiking), it is necessary to use the map to find a series of checkpoints with the joint efforts of the team. This is fully thanks to the unique terrain advantages of Cumberland and countless world-class cycling lanes, which make Cumberland a mining town a dream place for these outdoor enthusiasts.
Mind over mountain adventure race makes "fresh and unknown adventure" the theme of this competition. The map, route and the location of the transition area of the orienteering competition will be remade and planned every year. During the competition, the contestants will not know their next destination until they return 90 minutes after the start of the competition. This is also the reason why many contestants are willing to participate in this project continuously.
In addition to the competition itself, the award dinner and afterparty after the competition are also Momar All the contestants gather here, and people with the same interests enjoy happiness in communication and interaction.
If conventional outdoor sports such as swimming, running and cycling can't meet your adventurous heart; If you haven't experienced the combination of various outdoor sports; If you also yearn for and want to try this event activity representing passion, excitement and healthy lifestyle, this outdoor project launched in the wild on the west coast will test your psychological and physical limits and give you a novel and unique outdoor sports experience!
In September 2022, the 41st Momar is under preparation. The information is as follows:
Location: Cumberland, BC, CANADA (map)
Date: Saturday, September 24th, 2022. This will be our 41st race in our 22 year history.
Register: Registration will open on January 1, 2022, 9:00 a.m.
2022 Racer Information Package: The package will be available in early September. To review last year’s package, please click here.
Schedule of events:
Friday, September 23, 2022
- 5:00 – 9:30pm – Friday Night Registration at the Cumberland Village Park (map). Note that we have moved the venue from the Riding Fool Hostel so that we can keep things outdoors and well spaced out. We’ll have a cold beer on tap so bring some cash and support the Cumberland Community Forest Society!
Saturday, September 24, 2022
- 6:45 am – Bike drop opens (new location for 2021)
- 6:45 am – Shuttle bus service begins
- 7:45 am – Enduro course maps released
- 8:30 am – Enduro Race Briefing
- 8:45 am – Group photo (racers and volunteers)
- 9:00 am – Enduro race starts
- 9:05 am – Sport course maps released
- 9:45 am – Sport Race Briefing
- 10:30 am – Sport course starts
- 5:00 pm – Course closed (anyone crossing the finish line after this time is disqualified…)
- 5:00 pm – Dinner at the Cumberland Village Park
- 7:00 pm – Awards Banquet Dinner + After Party at Mt. Washington Alpine Resort
- 1:00 am – End of the MOMAR
Outdoor sports are inseparable from the support of professional equipment. As a comprehensive manufacturer and exporter, Sky Swallow has been active in the field of medium and high-grade outdoor clothing since 2001. Therefore, we have 20 years of experience in this field. All along, we take integrity, professionalism and high-quality service as our belief, and always pursue advanced technology to keep up with market trends and customer needs.
Here are 7 reasons to choose Sky Swallow
- More than 20 years of experience in the field of custom hign-end clothing
- Own a large garment factory and warehouse with more than 200 workers, which is enough to support large enough production capacity and accept a large number of orders
- A professional design team can provide you with free design suggestions and solutions
- Independent purchasing department, responsible for purchasing from fabrics to various accessories
- Comply with international quality standards and obtain various international certifications
- The price is more competitive, and under the corresponding quality, we can produce clothes for you at a more appropriate cost
- After-sales guarantee, reply emails within 24 hours to ensure punctual delivery.